1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey there! The Third Wave's public forum on psychedelics has been taken down. In its place, we've created a Members-Only Community available to our Microdosing Course members. If you're interested in the course and joining hundreds of other psychedelic explorers in our new community, don't hesitate to visit https://thethirdwave.co/microdosing-course/ or email us at [email protected] We hope to have you join us!

Tell me about your day.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Queen Of Something, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Queen Of Something

Queen Of Something Member

Oct 19, 2017
    England
    Literally just a thread for people to post about their day. Tell me something 'interesting' about yourself. I just enjoying listening to people and their stories.

Have a nice day everyone, stay positive.

2. VanillaBoy

VanillaBoy New Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Hey, your majesty! Not so bad, thanks for asking.

Woke up early, thought I was going to be spending my day on the computer at work at home, so I got on my bike and went to the park as the sun was coming up. I like getting outside first thing, then I feel better if I'm going to be inside for the rest of it. Lotta people jogging, doing chi kung, a few people fishing in the lake for carp.

And as I was settling down for work, a client called and wanted to meet. He owns a coffee shop on the other side of town, lets meet there, he said. Thought about taking the bike, but settled for the express bus, I didn't want to look TOO scruffy when I turned up. Maybe I shouldn't have worried, the client is a bike rider himself. All went well, good discussion, great coffee.

And in the evening I went to a lecture on archiving and restoring old films, preserving memories, visual history, that kind of thing. Ran into a few old friends, good chats. Ran into a woman that I have a fairly brittle, difficult relationship with, but all friendly, made the effort to sit down and talk with her, keep it all light and friendly.

Not a bad day.

How about you?

PS. Oh, I finished off Hoffman's My Problem Child. Good book. He's a thoughtful, dignified, sensitive guy. He was primarily a chemist and pharmacologist, but he says he was delighted that by discovering LSD, he came to interact with writers, poets, psychiatrists, activists, artists. I was touched when he said that he often had young acid heads seeking him out to meet him in his home in Switzerland on some kind of quest or pilgrimage, and that he thought it was his responsibility to make himself available to them to talk to them if he could. One slightly disturbed woman found her way into his study and told him of her plan to save the world by infiltrating acid into some water that the President could drink. Hoffman tried to convince her of the impracticality and immorality of the plan. She was broke and in a difficult position, so he helped her find casual work in a restaurant. He says with some sorrow that he heard later that she'd been committed to a psychiatric hospital. He pondered a bit on his role in that. He really was a charming, sweet guy.

3. Today, I woke up after dreaming about randomized group layers in Ableton Live. After drinking a black tea and milk drink, I went to the dentist to have a filling replaced. On the way home I bought some seed for Zippy, my budgerigar parakeet. I still can't feel my bottom lip on the left side because of the novocaine.

This is Zippy:

[​IMG]

VanillaBoy likes this.
  4. Queen Of Something

Queen Of Something Member

Oct 19, 2017
    England
    @VanillaBoy Sounds to me like a good day :) I love bike rides, but I haven't been out in a while because of how cold and dark it is in the UK. When I finish work at 6pm it's pitch black, so I've just been going home and either reading or watching 'Black Mirror' (Which is on Netflix, it's quite dark but I like those kind of shows, makes you think aswell). Sounds like you had a busy day, but to me those are the best kinda days.
    My problem child is defiantly on my list of books to read this year. Glad you enjoyed it and I will give it a read after the books I have on my list so far. :)

@Siebert Tenseven That is a super cute bird! Always wanted birds but I have cats and I wouldn't like to stress the bird out. But maybe one day when I have my own place. Oh never been the dentist's biggest fan but needs must. How old is Zippy?