1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey there! The Third Wave's public forum on psychedelics has been taken down. In its place, we've created a Members-Only Community available to our Microdosing Course members. If you're interested in the course and joining hundreds of other psychedelic explorers in our new community, don't hesitate to visit https://thethirdwave.co/microdosing-course/ or email us at [email protected] We hope to have you join us!

RCs?

Discussion in 'Sourcing' started by Norm Eltny, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Norm Eltny

Norm Eltny New Member

Oct 2, 2017
    Madison, WI
    Now that Lysergi has announced they might be shutting down in January, does anyone have a recommendation for another source for RCs?

There's Indole Shop, but a person claimed he was sold "duds" and then upon asking for a refund, didn't receive a response.

There's also another Facebook group name "Purchase High Quality Research Chemicals." The admin is Charles Edward Xang. He's the seller for a company in China and has been responding almost immediately to any questions. Does anyone know anything about him/them?

2. Rumor has it that the dark web is the way to go. Get yourself a VPN (Virtual Private Network) service and use the TOR browser to access .onion websites. Buy some bitcoin and you can acquire just about anything. Prices are great. Use PGP encryption whenever possible.

ClosetOpti likes this.
  3. Norm Eltny

Norm Eltny New Member

Oct 2, 2017
    Madison, WI
    With the possibility that we'll lose net neutrality in the next few days/weeks, the ISP will be able to control what tools can be used to access the net. I wonder if they'll even permit Tor.

I've just started to explore the DNM and am pretty intimidated. After reading a guide about purchasing goods on the DarkNet from a subreddit, it seems it is a lot more complicated than using a VPN and Tor. Even with a VPN on Tor, it is still pretty easy to trace back to your IP if you are running it off an insecure OS like Windows or MacOS (or even a straight Linux distribution like Debian or Ubuntu). Maybe this only happens if you're an obvious target for illegal activity. Not sure if purchasing psychedelics is considered a serious target worth pursuing (from what I've been told, they follow the money and there's not much money in psychedelics). I'm currently running Opera with the VPN feature turned on, so you really don't need to pay for a VPN. I'm not an IT guy, so maybe I'm wrong about this. I've played around with Tor, so that looks fairly straightforward.

Anyhow, the guide says to use an entirely anonymous OS called Tails and boot your machine with Tails installed on a USB stick. Tails has Tor built in and is very hard to trace back, but still not impossible.

As for buying Bitcoin, according to the guide, they recommend doing it anonymously. So it's kind of tough going through exchanges like Coinbase, because there's no anonymity there. They recommend that you create your wallet on Tails and run all transaction on the DNM from there. Like, I said, I'm just beginning to explore this world. Kind of fascinating.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    ClosetOpti likes this.
  4. A friend told me I shouldn't even download Tor unless it's through an anonymous IP. He said bitcoin blenders can make tracing the payments more difficult. I dunno. Maybe buying direct from China is just as secure.

5. Norm Eltny

Norm Eltny New Member

Oct 2, 2017
    Madison, WI
    Yeah, it seems pretty complicated at this stage.

Why would you need to download Tor from an anonymous IP? And isn't that what happens when you surf using a VPN?

I wonder why it would be a problem to just download Tor. I've already done so on a couple of our PCs just to poke around. There's nothing illegal about doing some research. I think the only risk is when you purchase illegal substances, which I haven't.

The DNM guide mentions bitcoin tumblers. Is that the same as blenders? They also recommend buying bitcoins anonymously, which is sort of a hassle.

As for China, I don't know why it would be any more secure. Mr. Xang seemed willing to send samples, so that might be worth a try.