1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey there! The Third Wave's public forum on psychedelics has been taken down. In its place, we've created a Members-Only Community available to our Microdosing Course members. If you're interested in the course and joining hundreds of other psychedelic explorers in our new community, don't hesitate to visit https://thethirdwave.co/microdosing-course/ or email us at [email protected] We hope to have you join us!

Microdosing and EMDR

Discussion in 'Psilocybin Research' started by Hathor, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Hathor

Hathor New Member

Mar 30, 2017
    Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone knows of research on psychedelic assisted therapy using microdoses of psilocybin? I'm interested as I recently did EMDR after taking a microdose of mushroom truffles and found it really facilitied the process.

The process was rather like a normal EMDR session, but connections were made much faster and felt deeper. I also seemed to have better access to memories and overall processed much more than during an ordinary session. In fact insights were coming so fast it was quite intense, but I liked it. A slight issue was that it was sometimes difficult to hold these insights in my short term memory to express them before going back into processing. (This is generally a part of the EMDR session, but overall I'm not sure how critical it is to the techniques effectiveness.)

I can't find any information, studies, or even antedotes about combining EMDR with microdosing, so I thought it would be useful to share this here. As a technique it's not as dramatic (or sexy) as high dose psychedelic therapy, but it could be valuable as a more gentle option and it was certainly beneficial for me.

MDoseAdvocado likes this.
  2. PXR

PXR New Member

Jul 23, 2017
    While I don't have any information for you I just wanted to chime in and say that I am ALSO quite curious about the prospect of combining these two forms of therapy.

In my past experiences with larger doses of psilocybin the benefits of EMDR have effectively self-performed. (recalling past trauma, processing, and then re-categorizing into its proper location in memory) I must say though that I have no intention of taking those kinds of doses going into the future. I am intensely interested in the additional benefits that a clinician performed EMDR regimen could bring to the table for those seeking that kind of result. I think specifically of addiction, general trauma, and depression sufferers as well as more specific PTSD individuals.

My intention is to combine the two in the coming months and I will certainly make a back post here with what happens. In the meantime I look forward to hearing anecdotal information as well as more specific research-related information from anyone who has it. My guess is its SCARCE if it exists at all.

3. christine

christine New Member

Nov 23, 2017
    I just started Microdosing and do EMDR! I can ask my therapist in a later stadium I think if he knows, but in NL i doubt it is ever performed.

PXR likes this.
  4. VanillaBoy

VanillaBoy New Member

Dec 13, 2017