1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey there! The Third Wave's public forum on psychedelics has been taken down. In its place, we've created a Members-Only Community available to our Microdosing Course members. If you're interested in the course and joining hundreds of other psychedelic explorers in our new community, don't hesitate to visit https://thethirdwave.co/microdosing-course/ or email us at [email protected] We hope to have you join us!

How active is this forum?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by VanillaBoy, Dec 13, 2017.

1. VanillaBoy

VanillaBoy New Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Greetings! I'm an experienced user of psychedelics, maybe a couple of hundred full doses of magic mushrooms and/or acid over the last thirty years, one or two experiences with DMT and salvia. Most of the larger, heroic doses that I took were many years ago. Even before I heard about microdosing, I discovered something a bit like it myself. I didn't actually take sub-perceptual doses, but more in the range of 25-50mcg, often while doing very long walks through urban environments in strange cities.

Just recently, ten days ago today, I started a more systematic microdosing regime - round about 20mcg, once every four days. I may titrate the dosage downwards over the next few weeks. The dose that I'm taking now is probably a little bit too strong for me to work comfortably on mundane, difficult editing and writing tasks, although excellent for meetings, brainstorming sessions, and creative tasks.

I'm committed to continuing the program for at least 30 days, and maybe up to 60 days.

I've been keeping a journal about my experiences and would like to find a good forum where I could share this journal. I'm quite impressed with the material available on the Third Wave website overall - except that this forum doesn't seem very active.

Is the buzz happening somewhere else? Is it horribly rude to sign up for a forum and ask the community if there are any better forums out there on the net? Is that a breach? I'd just like to participate in a forum that .... well, that has people participating!

Thanks!

2. VanillaBoy

VanillaBoy New Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Hmm, certainly not hyperactive. Well, quality not quantity, I guess.

So, a little bit more about why I'm doing my microdosing course. The biggest issue is that I'm trying to start a writing project that pushes my boundaries a bit. I've had ganwing self-doubts about it, procrastination, sit down, open up a blank page, stare at it -- and then flick over to CNN to see what fresh hell Donald Trump is creating or play with Facebook. You know the drill.

So, breaking a block.

I'd say I've got an issue with ... I don't really like the word "depression." Let's go with dysthemic personality. It's not an episode, more of a life-long challenge. I've had issues with insomnia, anxiety, under-achievment and apathy ever since .... primary school. And that was a long time ago.

Yeah, I've done counseling. I had a great counselor, a wonderful woman. One of the most profound things she ever said to me was, well, maybe you should just accept that you aren't a particularly happy person. Maybe you just have to work with that.

Yoga, meditation. Swimming, walking. When I get a really bad insomnia attack - and it's been a while now - I sometimes get up before dawn and walk across the city I live in at random, perhaps a 15km walk over a few hours, before coming home, sleep, work. Better than lying in bed counting gargoyles.

I usually sit for about forty minutes a day, I've done intensive vipassana courses.'

Quite a few years ago, I did a course of SSRI. I could never quite work out if it did anything beneficial, but it made me fat and sexually dysfunctional. I figured I'd rather be skinny and dysthemic. Never done it again.

I'm a bit hostile to new age bullshit. At the same time, I read a lot of books, Campbell, Grof, Wilber, those guys.

So that's about it. Seeing where it goes. Trying to deal with a block. Hoping to be more productive, to get into flow states, to control the self-editor in my head.

Oh, for my course, I'm using what seems to me to be very clean acid. The guy who procured it for me is very knowledgable, experienced, and a friend of forty years or so. Even so, I rely on his word that it really is LSD, I don't have any easy way of testing it. And I'm going on my experience that a full dose is probably around 100mcg, in that it's a full psychedlic response, but not a very strong one. I guess it might be slightly under. So I figure the best I can say is that I'm taking a microdose in the range of 10-25mcg.

It pisses me off that I can't be more scientific about this. I'd really like to have guaranteed certainty regarding the substance and to be able to guage the dose accurately. But I live in a jurisdiction where they aren't that sympathetic to these kinds of experiments.

Okay, ciao for now.

Queen Of Something and KuKuKaChu like this.
  3. Jox

Jox New Member

Nov 23, 2017
    Hi vanilla boy,

This forum as you can see is pretty dead or dead.

There is no better forum at all, I fell strange discussing other forums, so I guess I wouldn't go that way.

It is interesting what you said... Wonder what access you have with other plants, they are not all the same.

It seems you've done a lots of things, vipassana, goenka or what other kind, counseling ? What kind.?

May be a little sceptical about some things or paths you are taking... Read my post, and let me know what you think.

I disagree with some things you are doing,Mobutu don't want to be judgmental so let me know if you eat to hear what I may say, since I am familiar with all paths you have mentioned.

Best
    Jox

Orion likes this.
  4. VanillaBoy

VanillaBoy New Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Reasonably good access to magic mushrooms, but tricky to transport and store.

Haha. No problem. I've been doing some of those practices for thirty years. Maybe one day I'll finally get somewhere with it.

I'm not sure which post you meant. I can't just click on your tag and see your posting history. Include a link and I'll have a look.

5. Queen Of Something

Queen Of Something Member

Oct 19, 2017
    England
    Anyone know of any more active forums?

This one would be good if it wasn't dead.

6. Jox

Jox New Member

Nov 23, 2017
    Vanilaboy this is my post

Strong dose 1 - trip levels

If you find something interesting I may elaborate on it. Else I would be preaching...

Queen of something

There are no good forums. All of them eventually end up with getting high. There is no spiritual or self exploration for the most part.

People are afraid of psychedelic plants, and use them in limited ways, or go to shamans and similar nonsense.

But in general I think I will post what I think, but these would be my general thoughts:

Psychedelics

Should be oral dmt or Aya, mushrooms and Iboga are great but are more cleansing than learning. Should be used sporadically. Aya or pharma should be on high harmalas and not on high dmt,mad done two to once a month for at least a year.

Psychotherapy

Another catch 22
    It should be analysis, best lacanian, at least two years , minimum two times a week. Psychologists,
    And others can't give therapy. Big topic,

Meditation,

Should be zen, again as with previously mentioned, it should be done a lot for long period of time.
    Zen has its own issues and even problems, and is expensive in general. Vipassana by Goenka is the most accessible, but many problems and not good results on the short and long run.

Let me guys know if I should elaborate. But in general, it all takes time, persistence and dedication and some money...

Best
    Jox

Orion likes this.
  7. Queen Of Something

Oct 19, 2017
    England
    @Jox So do you only use natural psychedelics ? Have you ever tried LSD or others; or have you always avoided non-natural ?

8. Jox

Jox New Member

Nov 23, 2017
    Yes I have LSD and dmt. There is no spiritual shift, I don't know how to call it.

Mushrooms an Iboga are cleansing but they don't go enough into the emotional. Which is the problem with LSD and smoked dmt, they go only to the brain level which is not enough to say the least.

Aya or oral dmt high on harmalas goes to body mind connection which is fundamental. As is good buddhist meditation, which has to work on understanding that connection.

As is analysis, to break the parents in our mind.

You can easily get your hands to Aya.

But in general I am not purist, but I didn't see any use of LSD, or smoked dmt.

Queen Of Something likes this.
  9. Orion

Orion New Member

Dec 20, 2017
    I'm there.

10. Well, someone invested money in the XenForo software to create this forum. Not sure what the affiliation is, but there seem to be some issues.

For one thing, the RSS feeds I receive are nearly a month late. They are almost immediate for every other site I subscribe to.

I agree that other forums often get too high to function. Crazy people take over, the charm wears off, the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. A constant cycle.

Speaking of which... unplug the TV and forget Facebook even existed. You will experience yourself. Much better.

11. VanillaBoy

VanillaBoy New Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Yes!!! Agree totally. I had to laugh. I was hoping for so much from microdosing .... and looking back over my journal, I found that the biggest accomplishment I'd achieved in the first four weeks was completely stopping to use social media, and almost completely stopping reading the news - I do still read weekly and monthly analysis, but not the daily pile of shit that comes in about somebody calling Haiti a shithole and this and this and this.

Not writing an opera, not seeing god. Just not wasting time on the net.

I told a friend who's also microdosing that stopping that was the biggest achievement of three weeks of MD, and he sucked his breath in through his teeth and said, "Well, it's not nothing."

PS I admit that I log into Third Wave about twice a day instead of social media. But it's still better.

12. Queen Of Something

Oct 19, 2017
    England
    To open your mind and know who you really are, you have to stop being controlled. TV, media, Facebook, twitter. All of the brain melting nonsense. They make everyone clones. They feed you the wrong information and humiliate anyone who asks questions or goes against the grain.
    Fuck the small talk, I don't want that. Stop posting about what you ate for breakfast and enjoy the taste. Stop taking selfies at parties and enjoy the vibrations in the air. If only everyone was awake...