1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey there! The Third Wave's public forum on psychedelics has been taken down. In its place, we've created a Members-Only Community available to our Microdosing Course members. If you're interested in the course and joining hundreds of other psychedelic explorers in our new community, don't hesitate to visit https://thethirdwave.co/microdosing-course/ or email us at [email protected] We hope to have you join us!

A NEW FORUM ?

Discussion in 'Psychedelic Societies' started by Queen Of Something, Dec 22, 2017.

Tags:

Should we create a new forum

1. Yes, that would be awesome!

2. Yes, but maybe something different

3. I don't know and I don't care

4. No, stay here and try and make it better

5. No, I like it here

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Queen Of Something

Queen Of Something Member

Oct 19, 2017
    England
    Hello everyone,

As I browse this forum/website I can't help but notice how 'dead' it is.

• Very little / no activity from Paul or moderators (Including this website and 'Patreon' )
    • Only small community left because of the lack of interaction.
    • Website isn't very update when it comes to using it on your phone.
    SO WOULD WE BENEFIT FROM A NEW FORUM?

Can you guys let me know and maybe leave some comments on what you think? I want s to be a stronger community and be able to speak to like-minded people around the world.

(I have spare time were I can work on a project like this. I think maybe microdosing could help me focus on it aswell)

Thank you for your time. All of you guys that are still left; I want us all to stay connected and share our stories and experience and to be able to ask questions and get reliable answers.

Queen Of Something

2. VanillaBoy

VanillaBoy New Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Hi Queen of Something,

Well, yeah. I appreciate the people who do take part, including you. And I've been trying to do what I can, which is basically making comments and providing input. But we don't seem to have a critical mass of users. And no, there doesn't seem to be much input from Paul or any other moderators, if they indeed exist at all. Paul may well be focusing on other matters, podcasts or whatever.

I'd have to say, I've seen email from him about his upcoming course, which also includes a forum. I gather he hopes to charge something for this course. And why not, if it provides value? But my decision as to whether or not to participate in that course will be influenced by my perceptions of the value of this website, and my perceptions of the value of this website will be influenced by the level of activity on this forum. Other people may well feel the same way.

So, there might be a good argument for Paul to invest more time and energy in breathing life into this forum. An active moderator can play a big role in making that happen.

Paul, if you're listening, I appreciate the work you've done so far and wish you good luck with your venture.

Queen Of Something likes this.
  3. VanillaBoy

VanillaBoy New Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Haha. Very sad. I just looked at the "new posts." I wrote four out of five of them.

4. VanillaBoy

VanillaBoy New Member

Dec 13, 2017
  5. Queen Of Something

Oct 19, 2017
    England
    @VanillaBoy I'm the same here; I try and come on and comment on things and try and join in where they exist. Hopefully things might get better because I'd hate to leave all this progress behind.

6. I think I'm somewhere between Don't Care and I Like It Here. Not sure there's any making it better.

Coming from Internet Relay Chat and the Visionary Plants List circa 1998, I like small groups. Perhaps microdosing = microposting? Hehehh.

7. Transcend

Transcend New Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Give me something to talk about. Other than the fact that people aren't talking....

8. Queen Of Something

Oct 19, 2017
    England
    There is a whole forum for you to talk on ?? Why comment on this post asking me to 'give' you something to talk about?

9. VanillaBoy

VanillaBoy New Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Or you could say something worth talking about yourself! This isn't television. You don't just turn it on and watch it. You have to actually take part.